Monday 4 June 2007

My maze book






Maze book that I made and gave to my mum, of their day out at Pixies Holt, Dartmeet, Dartmoor.I have used Junkitz Essentials - earth tones - for this and shades of green Bazzill cardstock. Other bits and bobs I have used are mixed shades of primas/angel kisses and ribbons from Ben Madigan Crafts. I thoroughly enjoyed making this and my mum (and family) loved it :)

Tfl :wub: xxxx

Here's another layout from my gallery on UKScrappers

I chose this photo of my mum from loads of my wedding shots.You really can't see this very clearly (I must subscribe to that 'scan'n'stitch' programme :rolleyes: ) but my mum is just so naturally beatuiful :wub:
I have used BG papers Phoebe which I have torn a piece and inked, the other I have cut out the two main flowers and replaced them onto the sheet using foam pads to give them a more 3-D effect. I have painted the inside of the petals with a luscious green shimmer paint.I have used gorgeous green/turqouise ribbon that i bought in a set from Ben Madigan Crafts and have twisted it to show both sides of the ribbon, and fastened with dst and brads. I have also used Prima flowers in shades of green with tiny buttons in the centre.For the title I have used papermania foam stamps and ink in 'neptune' (the words 'my' and 'beautiful') and I have also used decorated chipboard shapes also from the new Papermania range.
I must say that this does look better irl.I loved creating this, as my mum means the world to me and I think she looks so beautiful in this pic.
Love you mum if you ever get to see this :)Tfl :wub:

AND...last but not least one of my fave layouts I've done.
It's of my son, Philip, on Dartmoor. Once again thanks for looking *hugs*

2 comments:

Jane K said...

love all your layouts Skippie and I think your maze book is fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

your work has improved 100% in all the time i have known you.
its all soo professional now.

well done, and i am jealous.
Love the lo of your mum.

teresa x