Monday 1 January 2007

Happy New Year - 2007

January 1, 2007

Well, I've been trying to start a blog for a while now and I always seem to trail off after a few posts so my new year resolution to myself is to keep this blog up and running and current in detail. Let's see how I get on.
The beginning to the end of 2006 has been an altogether rather bizarre event. Firstly several of our electrical appliances gave up the ghost (fab eh!). Why is it this happens in 3's? Or am I just being superstitious?
Then I cut myself with a very sharp knife while preparing a late lunch. That made me physically sick and rather faint so I went for a lie-down. I couldn't rest much as I was worrying that I'd miss the big nights' celebrations. We weren't planning to do much this new years' eve. It was our first in our new home, plus Jack's only 3 and wouldn't have really managed to stay awake 'til much after 10pm so the decision to stay home was really made on that basis.

Jack - 11:40pm, 31 December 2006.
I took this pic as I really didn't want to wake Jack as the new year rang in. He's still a little frightened of fireworks if he can't see where they're coming from.
Anyway, apart from playing 'Deal or no deal' on dvd game and watching a little tv our night was a quiet one.
As for my finger? Well the bleeding stopped a short while after and any pain was drowned out thanks to several bottles of Smirnoff Ice, purely medicinal of course.
Here's a glimpse of the said finger...lol. Just look at the expression on my face, don't you feel a teency bit sorry for me?


That's all for now. Just want to say a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all xx
May 2007 be a fun and prosperous year :)

No comments: