Monday 1 January 2007

January 1, 2007 part deux

It's now the evening and today's been as bizarre for me as yesterday was. I woke up feeling really weird. I don't think it was a hangover - not that I actually remember what they feel like - as I don't drink often at all. My chest felt really tight so a 10 minute blast on my nebuliser did the trick, well for a few hours anyway. I stayed resting in bed until early afternoon and felt better. Maybe it was the rest that did me good, or the fact that the noise going on downstairs was for a reason. The familiar sound of the vacuum cleaner meant that Phil (my wonderful other half) was busy cleaning away from 'the night before' and the children were helping..yes!
It was lovely walking through the door to a clean and tidy room. Although with these two here I knew it wouldn't last, it never does... lol!

Not much else happened here today. Apart from the very freak mini-storm we had. Sat here minding our business one minute then all of a sudden there's a very bright flash followed immediately by the most enormous bang I've ever heard, followed in rapid succession to more of the same. It was hailing HUGE balls of ice outside. In 10 minutes we recorded 6cm of rain falling. Sad? Well it kept the children quiet.

The funniest thing we saw was out in the park behind our house. The hail was falling down the slide and gathering at the bottom in a heap. Here's a couple photos, not sure if they come out ok or not.

No comments: